Thursday, June 26, 2008

Facebook: Over It

Ah, Facebook, MySpace's little brother that ended up more successful and better looking. Since joining Facebook as a senior in college, it seems to have become a staple in my life, to the point where I try to check it at work, at home, and when I am on vacay at the shore. Almost obsessively.

Well, no more is this so. With the advent of "applications," I've really just become more annoyed than anything else. No, I don't want to be a Zombie, have a garden patch, or travel the Oregon Trail with you- especially if I haven't talked to you in >4 years. And no, I don't feel the need to a have a bumper sticker wall (although I admit, they are utterly entertaining), or a Super Wall where you can leave graffiti messages for me (I live in Philly, you can do that on my building).

Does anyone else remember a summer ago, before the change to the "News Feed"? Do you remember that when you logged on to Facebook, you just ended up on your home page? In a way, by adding the News Feed, it took away the fun that could go with facebook: seeing who could dig up the newest text-worthy gossip first.

So, I guess my hot-and-heavy relationship, that I gave up for 40 days back during Lent, has really cooled off. Don't get me wrong, I still check facebook every day- just not obsessively so.

And don't worry, if I find out something good, I'll be sure to still text you immediately.

No comments: