Sunday, June 15, 2008

The Cat without a Meow

So, after weeks and weeks of looking, I came home today with my prize: my cat Sligo.

He's gorgeous! He is a 1-2 year old black and white tuxedo cat (he came from a shelter originally, so some details are a little fuzzy). It was so strange; as soon as I met him, I felt an instant connection with him. So in a way, I guess it's love at first sight.

After going to a christening and graduation party, I went out and bought cat stuff... I got the works: scratching post, litter box, etc. So what does he end up liking? String. And biting my toes, apparently. Strangest thing though? The cat has not meowed once. Ever!

Anyway, there is going to be a total learning curve here, or at least there better be. For lack of a better term, I am a total scaredy cat. The cat moves, and I'm jumping. And even though I am going to love him to death, I am pretty frightened by him making jumps for my head and the biting of my toes. I really like my toes, and honestly? I prefer to keep them. I also prefer that my nice leather couches not be completely torn up, but we'll see. Sligo and I have a few things to work out.

Marty and this cat are totally awesome together, may I add. Marty has a way with animals; who knew? Well, he can handle me, so I guess that has to say something, haha. But on the Marty note, this cat will totally distract me from the lack of Marty recently; ever since he started going back to school, we can barely see each other. Which is fine, but I got spoiled by seeing him every sunday. Now, I can totally replace Marty with a cat. Or at least in some ways (the cat'll probably smell much better).

Anyway, I'll let you know how my jumpiness goes, whether or not my cat has the HIV, and the Marty situation goes. Later.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay! You are back to blogging!

1) Ditto to everything you said re weddings.

2) Congrats on the new kitty! Let me know if you have any questions, my mom is a cat expert.