Wednesday, April 1, 2009

City v. Suburb

I have now lived in the city for over four years. If you count my college years, I've lived in it over eight. As one can imagine, after a while, the city gets old. Today, I am especially on an "anti-city" kick. Here are some reasons why I will be super excited to get move to the suburbs within the next 3-5 years.

-less bus exhaust in my face... every two blocks.
-no scary guys telling me to smile or “shake that thing, girl”
-more trees, especially ones without gum on them
-easier parking, no $2/hr meters
-cleaner
-more selection/easier to get to stores
-no feeling like I’m going to be killed on my bike!
-less rude people
-grass
-less traffic, less cars, more space
-not being afraid to walk around at night
-neighborhood-y, not as anonymous
-not carrying groceries up >84 steps

I'm sure in two days I'll probably change my mind again and can't imagine leaving the city. We'll have to see!

No comments: