Sunday, November 2, 2008

Halloween Weekend

Halloween was a complete disaster. I feel totally guilty for making my friends come downtown from the NE/DelCo/SoJo, but I thought it’d be worth it. I banked on them having a good time at the bar I went to the year for Halloween. Well, when we get to the bar, we’re not allowed in because it’s a private party. And this is after I called the day before and asked about their Halloween specials! Why didn’t they just tell me when I called?! Anyway, I did enjoy dressing up in my Amish bonnet and hanging out with the girls, but I do feel terribly guilty that the night ended up being so quiet. (Although I personally blame the Phillies Parade- it kind of wore everyone out, and most people were still in Phillies gear at the bar instead of costumes. But I guess I shouldn’t complain, the parade was awesome!)

The weekend got a little better after Friday, and I celebrated my anniversary. We went to a Moroccan restaurant and it was delicious- baba ganoush and all. Spent the night just walking around downtown with some gelato as a night-cap. All in all, a nice night.

It’s funny to me that one year later, sure, MT and I still go on dates, but the dates are so different. We used to go to movies, and now we go to Home Depot. We used to go out to nice restaurants, and now we get excited about Taco Bell (probably a little too excited… volcano taco, anyone?). But the nice thing is that I wouldn’t want to change a thing. Even though we won’t live together for another three years, it still feels like we’re a real, grown up couple.

In other news, I’m just hanging on in grad school. I need to get B’s for my job to pay for my classes, and for the first time ever, I am nervous about the rule. If I don’t get B’s, I will be out $8000 that I totally can’t afford/don’t even have/never planned for. I am also slightly nervous about my clinical sites. I find out the week before Christmas where I will have to go for the following nine months of my life- I just hope they are not to far away. I can’t imagine driving 2 hours three times a week for nine months!

No comments: