Sunday, September 20, 2009

What's the Wedding Magic?

It’s been for.ev.er. And a lot of things happened in the mean time. I graduated from grad school (awesome). Got engaged (yes, then no, then yes). Started to plan a wedding. Pretty exciting stuff.

Almost too exciting, really. This planning a wedding is hard stuff! I had no idea how much goes into it, and I certainly had no idea how draining it all is. With that said, I still am very excited about it, but nervous. Have you ever been to a wedding, and it was just awesome? Then, have you gone to another wedding, and it was okay? My question is what makes the awesome weddings so… awesome? Is it the food? The color scheme? The couple? Does anyone have suggestions?

Honestly, I think it’s the people. If the guests are in a good mood, and willing to put effort into making the night fun, then it will be a good wedding. Right? That’s what I’m counting on. I’d like to think I’m surrounded with the best of friends and family so I have nothing to worry about!

I hope to be updating about wedding planning more often now that I’m done grad school. Sure, I still have to study for my Boards but I’m in no rush. My goal is to take them by November. Until then… planning time. 

No comments: